Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Toronto Kiss Map - Happy Valentines Day Toronto!



Where was your first kiss?  This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen Toronto do.  Firefly Creative Writing has put together an interactive map of the city, where you can pinpoint a first kiss, a last kiss, where you get hot and heavy, etc...  My favourite is the first kisses - you see them all around the harbour front, different stations, Dundas Square.  When you select a pin, you can read the person's story.  It's kept anonymous, and they filter it to make sure it's 'clean'.  Here's one of my favourites:

We walked all over the island talking and holding hands for the first time. I couldn't wait to be closer to you, closer than our twined arms. We finally rested in the sand, whimsically selecting skipping stones. You placed the skipping stones around my head as I nestled into the warm sand. With lazy, frothing waves at our feet, you punctuated the last stone placed with a sweet, deliberate first kiss.

There are a lot of romantic little nooks and crannies in our city, and this is by far the most romantic thing I've ever seen one city do together.

http://torontokissmap.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment