Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Pharrell Williams Designing Prefab Homes

Pharrell Williams has always been one of my favourite producers and musicians, but now I have an even higher respect for him.  He's collaborating with Pritzker prize winning architect Zaha Hadid, and will be working on some prefab homes with her.  Here's an excerpt from his new book “Pharrell: Places and Spaces I’ve Been”:


Pharrell Williams:: With my next project, after my next chair, I would love to do a prefab house, have you ever done a prefab?
Zaha Hadid: No, but I’ve done temporary structures. So I think the prefab could be interesting.
PW: The average single-bedroom trailer or mobile home is somewhere between $40,000 to $70,000, and two bedrooms range to about $99,000. They say that we are bouncing back from the recession, but in a lot of areas, especially the housing sector—
ZH: It’s not coming back…
PW: …at all. So I felt that if we would make something that was about $75,000 to $100,000 that we would could do something really fun and really next-level that could change the game, you know?
ZH: No, of course.
PW: So if you’ll be into it I’d love to talk to you about doing prefab houses together.
ZH: That would be very exciting.
PW: First of all, I’m super excited. I’m not going to jump up and down and run out of breath. Then we won’t finish the interview. But when we finish I will do that…Because I’m a big kid!
ZH: [Laughs]

via: http://freshome.com/2013/01/10/an-architecture-collaboration-between-pharrell-williams-and-zaha-hadid/#sthash.jDIZgegz.dpuf


He's also designs furniture, here are chairs he designed:


via www.dazeddigital.com

No comments:

Post a Comment